Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:13:01 -0500
Hi folks --

I saw a story about Linda McCartney on CNN yesterday -- you probably heard,
she just died of breast cancer at age fifty-something.  The story was a
kind of typical sympathetic celebrity bio.  Besides her music, she has also
been an animal-rights and vegetarian advocate for many years.  In fact, in
England there's a line of veggie frozen entrees with her name on them.

The news story actually showed an old interview clip of her, talking about
how eating meat is bad and causes cancer.  I hate to be insensitive, but a
laugh escaped from me at that point.  A veggie advocate -- and she died of
cancer in her fifties!

Since then, I've seen several more CNN stories (I'm a bit of a news
junkie), and none of them have had that particular interview clip -- I
guess someone in the studio noticed the irony.  They are continuing to
promote her viewpoint, though -- I think they reported that Paul has said
that people should honor her memory by becoming vegetarian themselves.
Hell-LO-oh ...

It makes me want to write Letters to the Editor or something, but I don't
know if it would help much.