From:
AST Preferred Customer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:15:51 -0500

Dear List-Mates,

Thank you for your good wishes and prayers.  I am so grateful.  Since I
first posted I have had an MRI.  The preliminary report from the
Rheumatologist's nurse was degenerative bone & nerve disease.  I will see
the Neurosurgeon on Friday to get the explanation.  Then I will follow your
suggestions which include:

1.  Don't fool around with this problem.  Cervical surgery is not as bad as
you think.  The surgeon will take bone from your hip, go in from the front
and use the transplanted bone to rebuild the spaces.

2.  Several vouched for the safety and effectiveness of acupuncture,
massage, and chiropractic.  I would willing use any and all of these to
avoid surgery.  I know my insurance will pay for chiropractic.  I don't know
of any practiciones or acupuncture in W. Ky. but I will certainly try to
find one.  One respondent said the initial charge is $45 and $40 for visits
after that.

3.  Physical Therapy-One respondent suggest therapy in any case to
strengthen the frame and muscles.

Your replies made me feel like I am not alone - I am keeping the messages in
a special file, in case anyone else has a question.

Thanks again,

Rose Mary    [log in to unmask]