From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:44:05 -0400

You guys are great about responding!  This question seems to pose a dilema
for all of us.  Some of the thoughts were:

recheck everything questionable; review what he had eaten

fever might accompany a virus, but not a gluten reaction

one said that her daughter has diarrhea off and on, but her bloodwork is
normal and she is growing

gluten is not to blame every time you have diarrhea

if someone else in the house has a stomach virus, it's probably a stomach
virus

check with manufacturer on medicines not just pharmacist

gluten reactions come on quickly with cramping

gluten reaction includes bloated tummy/lots of gas/vomiting/cramps

gluten relatively short-lived; stomach virus includes multiple trips to
bathroom, all day

take homeopathic remedy VETRATRUM ALB 30C, pop 2 pills and watch all symptoms
disappear.

could have been side effect from the antibiotic

contact Stokes Pharmacy/get CSA food guide

I still don't know what caused Kevin's diarrhea and since we had a repeat
episode a week later, I'm even more confused!!  Our GI doc said it sounded
like a virus because the stools were watery diarrhea.  I do have one
suspicious food that I'm going to retry in a few more days to see if it
happens again.

Thanks for all the input!!

Tracey Wolfskill