From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 19:33:01 -0500

Dear Listmembers, Here is a great recipe that my son likes me to make for
the holidays.  It can definitely be made GF using all GF ingredients.

Phil's Holiday Pie

1 baked pie crust, cookie crumb crust, or whatever you prefer
 Filling:
1/4 cup sugar
3 T. cornstarch
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 T. confectioner's sugar

Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.  Add milk gradually
and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture boils.  Put in
chips and vanilla, stirring until mixture is smooth.  Pour into large bowl
and cover with plastic wrap.  Cool.

Combine the cream and confectioner's sugar in a large bowl.  Beat until
soft peaks form.  Save 1 1/2 cups for top of pie.  Beat chocolate mixture
at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.  Fold it into
whipped cream.   Spoon the mixture into the pie crust.  Top with whipped
cream, drop little spoonfuls of it over pie and spread lightly or put into
icing bag and use rosette tip.  If you plop the cream on and try to spread
it, it gets mixed into the chocolate filling.  Refrigerate at least 3 hours
before eating.

Happy Holidays to all!  Karen from Central NY, USA