From:
Laura Dolson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 21:11:26 -0400

Most people recommended tofu, especially frozen, to simulate meat.  This
wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it was a good reminder, and I plan
to try freezing it..

One person told me some kinds of tempeh are GF, but to be careful.

What I really wanted was something more like ground beef - there are a lot of
soy-based products like this, but almost all aren't GF.

A few people suggested Boca Burgers, but someone posted 2-3 weeks ago that
these are NOT GF, and that they have taken the GF label off the package.

What I am now looking for is a product that Jo Ann told me about called Gran
Burger, which is GF and sounds like what I was wanting.  She writes:

Worthington Foods, Inc. Worthington, Ohio 43085 has a like ground beef
and makes a good casserole. There is a recipe on the box called Nice
Rice Bake. It is so good and quick and easy to make. toll free #
1-800-243-1810. I got mine in Krogers

Haven't found it yet, but I have my eye out!

Thanks to all-

Laura