From:
Karl Tusing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 06:53:03 -0500

I attend the 1995 Physician's Conference (Gastros.) at Univ. Of Maryland,
where they discussed many topics for 2 days, of which this was one.  I'll
get my notes and post from that conference on Monday.

However, here is what I remember  (my wife is short, 5'1'' and CELIAC)
Malbsorption contributed greatly to the lack of nutrients needed during the
early years of growing, until the patient was properly diagnosed as Celiac.
Many of the children were given growth hormone treatments without
any resulting improvement, because the underlying problem was not
being addressed.

Karl Tusing  (not a doctor)