Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:09:30 -0700

Adapted another recipe and enjoyed this corn bread this morning for
breakfast.  It took about 10 minutes to make, and that included measuring
the ingredients.  It baked quickly and we ate it still warm.  Hope you
enjoy.

Corn Bread

In a blender process until smooth:
1 cup milk or rice milk or soy milk
1 egg or 2 egg whites
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup pure maple syrup

In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a wire wisk:
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup brown rice flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently but well. (I think
this took about 1 minute.)  Pour into a 8" or 9" square baking pan that has
been sprayed or oiled.
Bake at 400=B0 F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve warm, directly from the pan, or let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then
remove from the pan.

Ellen
Eugene, Oregon