From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 19:34:16 -0400
Don,
Not only does my monitor go to sleep and not wake up when QuickLink
Message Center acknowledges a call, but my clock goes to sleep and does
not wake up until there is keyboard or mouse activity.  I have an
AMIBIOS with latest upgrade.  The MoBo supports PC98 power management
and the following settings are in place:
Power Management/APM = enabled
Power Button Function = Suspend
Instant-On Support = enabled
Green PC Monitor Power State = Suspend (I also tried standby)
Video Power Down Mode = Suspend (I also tried standby)
Hard Disk Power Down Mode = disabled
Hard Disk Timeout (Minute) = disabled
Standby/Suspend Timer Unit = 4 min
Standby Timeout (Minute) = 20 min
Suspend Timeout (Minute) = 20 min
Slow Clock Ratio = 50% - 62.5%
Display Activity = Monitor
Device 6 (Serial port 1) = monitor
Device 7 (Serial port 2) = monitor
Device 8 (Parallel Port) = ignore
Device 5 (Floppy Disk) = ignore
Device 0 (Primary Master IDE) = monitor
Device 1 (Primary Slave IDE) = ignore
Device 2 (Secondary Master IDE) = ignore
Device 3 (Secondary Slave IDE) = ignore

I can live with the monitor not waking up for a call, but all calls
that are logged into the message boxes have the wrong time.  I have to
reset the clock every time I have been away from the computer long
enough for the power saving features to kick in.  This is a major
issue.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jerry Rasmussen