From:
Michael Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 13:46:11 +0800
On Sun, 12 Apr 1998 00:34:48 +1000, IzMK <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I just bought a Sportster voice V56 and I went to the site you recommended here.
>I did what the instructions said for me to do and was surprised to see that it
>only upgrade to V56 instead of V90.

It all depends on the model number of your modem. Follow the
instructions in USR web page, to check out your modem's model number.
Then find out is the upgrade of this model has been released. If your
modem is not using US/Canada version source code, you're better don't
upgrade through the US/Canada channels. For example, the Sportster
bought in England, can only be upgraded through the England's channels
in USR's Europe home page. If you have problem to upgrade to V.90, I
suggest you contact USR directly.

 Michael