From:
Elsa Mikus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 07:59:29 -0500
Hi:

I made an all meat chili last night loosely based on a recipe
posted by Kathleen. I called it Red Suit Chili in her honor
(even though I know it's not NEARLY hot enough to suit her taste!!!!)

Red Suit Chili

-6 lbs ground meat browned and drained
-16 oz can tomato sauce
-12 oz V8 juice
-3 TBL Chili Powder (Kathleens called for 1/2 cup for 3 lbs,
 so spice to your own taste - me?  I'm chicken, 3 TBL was enough,
 might go to 4)
-at least 1/2 - 1 tsp of the following, but I just dumped into the mix:
 dried chopped onion, garlic powder, oregeno (didn't have any, used basil),
 paprika, cumin
-enough water to make it juicy (matter of preference)

Simmer together for at least 1/2 hour (the longer the better).  Serve with salsa
and or guacamole (sp?) (for NT) add sour cream and/or grated cheese if your plan
allows it.

ENJOY!

Elsa