VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Monthian Buntan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Monthian Buntan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 06:16:07 +0700

September 13, 1999 Dear friends, brothers and sisters, After a week-long period of peaceful hunger strike, led by leaders of Thailand Association of the Blind in front of the Royal Thai Government House, and with generous support from our friends, brothers and sisters around the world, the Thai government finally announced the Cancelation of the online lottery ticket machine installation on this past Friday September 110th.This means that the contract with the private company has to be ended. Although our peaceful fighting for the end of this evil online lottery ticket machine has ended, we are still committed to our long-term position of working with all sides including the Thai government in order to make sure that blind, disabled and underprivileged people of Thailand will be given fair chances to participate in all activities which will have effects on our occupation. On behalf of Thailand Association of the blind, our friends, and all our colleagues, who have been joining this battle for justice, I would like to convey our sincere words of thanks to all of the support from our friends, brothers and sisters around the world which has helped us enormously to achieve this glorious victory. We believe we have come the right way, and we hope that our peaceful fighting, the result of this fighting and our continuing struggle for justice, equality and freedom will be supported as we have received this time. May Peace be with All of Us, Mr. Prayat Punongong, President Mr. Monthian Buntan, Vice President Thailand Association of the Blind