VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:29:16 -0400
Hi:

     I haven't tried any of the systems mentioned in the article, but I
recently bought and am now using an AST machine with a 166 MHz Cyrix
processor and have no problems with screen readers.  its a refurbished
computer which I bought through Surplus Direct.  I'm happy with it because
the case has room for a lot of expansion.  I do seem to have trouble with
the computer rebooting after the RAM is too full and it seems to me that a
lot of things are being stored in ram instead of being erased when a program
is closed.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the processor but I
doubt it.

later
Lisa

VICUG-L ARCHIVES     http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/vicug-l.html