From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:45:15 -0800
On 24 Feb 98 at 17:57, BASSEM FAHMY wrote:

> I wonder, How can I backup all in my HD by the way that when any accident
> happen to my HD I will just format my HD and copy the backup to my HD again
> WHITEOUT RE-INSTALL EACH PROGRAM FROM THE BEGGING using the
> CD R/W as an example and after logging into win95 again (after copy or do
> the restore the backup) I will find every thing as I keep it before format
> the HD !

  I think the answer is to use something like DriveCopy (or the
partition copy feature in Partition Magic), or to set up drives in a
RAID-0 mirror configuration.  Either of these means buying twice as
much HD as you actually get to use; mirroring updates automatically,
but probably means buying an expensive controller.  It still might be
competitive with tape for backups, though, especially if you're
already using SCSI and NT....

David G