From:
patrick meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 23:59:11 -0700
>Has anyone ever successfully used two "pass through" devices on one parallel
>port without a switch--in other words through one and then through the
>second and then to the printer (eg-Lpt1 to a parallel Zip Drive to a
>parallel scanner, and then to the printer).  Is it even possible?

It's possible and it does work for me under Win95.  Have Zip drive, Mustek
scanner and HP inkjet
all on the LPT1 port.  No problems in doing this except for.....when
scanner is running and trying
to save scanned work to Zip disk things get a little weird and things tend
to go boom.  But if you save to hard disk and then transfer after closing
scanner program -- no problem.

  "2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2"
                   a Marshall Space Center engineer.