From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 20:40:43 -0400
Kathy Partridge wrote:

>What kind of
>quality dried meats are available (no I don't have a dehydrator)? All I can
>think of are those ersatz dried slim-jim jerky things.

I believe they all have non-paleo chemicals. Why not buy a dehydrator? A
$30 one will suffice. No marinade is needed, just trim off excess fat and
slice. Now I do use a meat slicer, and that did cost $150. But you may be
able to find one at garage, or better, estate sales.

>Or is an "easy" lunch a Paleo pipe-dream?

Maybe. My favorite is more complicated. It's precooked chicken in Thai
Kitchen coconut milk (regular and not low-fat), which some Thai Kitchen red
curry paste. Then I microwave it at work. I do have a cafeteria, so I buy
some vegetable from the steam table and mix in.

Don.