From:
Dave Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:41:44 +0100
A friend of mine who suffers from Crohn's tells me that the whole of the
mucous tissue from lips to anus can be affected by the disorder. The colon
and small intestine seem to be the usual targets.
Incidentally  he was diagnosed within weeks of stopping smoking. I recall
reading an article in the New Scientist about nicotine being used to treat
certain intestinal disorders. Interesting or what?