NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ROGER MYERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 10:02:26 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I do not know what protein in milk my son Benjamin is allergic to but
his main symptums are behavioral. He is 4.5 years old now.
When Ben ate 4 ounces of milk and 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese
he was a terror for 4 days. He gets real fussy, iratable, opositional,
defiant, cannot concentrate, tends to bite and hit, cannot control
his impulses, laughes insanely, and is extremely stubborn.
He is now 4.5 years old and he has been diagnosed as having
ADHD and depression with ODD and OCD trates. When he is on
a simple diet the depression, ODD, and OCD go away and also his
hyperactivity goes away. So we are sure that he has food allergies.
We have been living with this extremely difficult child for 4.5 years
and am thrilled to find that most of his unwanted behaviors go away when
he eats only non-allergic foods.

Is our Benjamin's change in behavior when taking milk found in other
children on this list? He does not get any runny nose, rash, synous
problems, stomach aches, etc. His response is almost only behavior
changes. He does get bags under his eyes and sometimes red cheaks.
Other times not related to milk he gets red ears and/or a little rash
around his mouth. We think that the rash might be associated with
his eating pineapples or drinking citrus juices. We need to do more testing.

Roger
[log in to unmask] - Roger Myers