NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jill A Sobel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 14:34:15 -0500
I just took my daughter off formula as I was not happy with all
the sugar she had to ingest to get her vitamins.

I now have her on Soy milk plus, but am very confused as to how
much nutrition she is getting and how much she requires.

I also have no idea what to do about vitamins. The children's
calcium tastes awful that I have tried and the other commercial
vitamins all contain lactose and aspertame (yuk!).

So I guess what I am looking for is:

1) how much calcium is required for a 2 year old
2) how much is the percentage recommended on products for adults
(where it says % of daily requirements on products)
3) how in the world can I supplment this with a vitamin she
can ingest?

Even my pediatrician could not help me with this one.

Thanks,

Jill