NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rita Doppenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:25:40 -0500
Hi all,

I have received some private email regarding the disappearance of Non-Dairy
Something to Moo About www.non-dairy.org. Oh I have been dreading this day
and this question....I have been in close contact with Helen Fernety of
Non-Dairy Something to Moo About for quite some time. I am also on the Board
of Directors... Since Helen doesnt subscribe to this mailing list anymore, I
guess it is up to me to break some very bad news.... Non-Dairy has been shut
down. There are several reasons for this, one of which is lack of funding.
There are other personal reasons of Helens that I wont go into at this time
as it is up to her to say what her other reasons are. Suffice it to say that
her reasons are good ones. It has been with a heavy heart and months of
discussions that this decision was made. There was talk of myself and others
taking over for Helen but since she would no longer be able to have anything
to do with the running of Non-Dairy it is better that it no longer exists.
The danger is too great and her expertise is too valuable to be able to
continue without her. My hat is off to this woman who did so much for so
long (out of grocery money no less), and all for the love of the kids! God
Bless you Helen, and I hope that someday Non-Dairy can continue! Any other
questions or comments please email me privately. Thanks & Im sorry...

Keep the Faith ;-)

Rita Doppenberg
Mom to Zachary (dairy, eggs, chicken, beef, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish,
mold)
A.S.K. Inc. (Allergic Specific Kids Inc.)
mailto:[log in to unmask]