NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rita Doppenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 12:31:03 -0500
Hi Everyone,

  Thanks to all who responded. I am over my self pity episode now and I
realize that you are all right. Its like years ago when I found out Zack was
milk allergic and that the milk I had been drinking while nursing was
hurting him. I went throught that blame myself episode then too. I do
realize that self blame wont help me or Zack so I have turned it into a
learning experience. Since I always ask to see the chef or the package that
something comes in myself and I did this as per usual... I think that mostly
I am just frustrated more than anything. I went against my policy of no
foreign food products and learned the hard way. You all know the feeling of
finding a new food that your allergic child loves. You are hero for a day
cause while everyone else is covered in homemade Christmas goodies your
child is actually happy eating something else! And if you find it in easy to
prepare form...well then thats a bonus for you especially if your child has
multiple allergies.

  I help run an allergy support group up here in Canada and I advise other
moms & dads against doing the very thing that I did. Thats why I just
couldnt believe that I got duped. I am happy to report that Zack seems to be
doing much better now thanks to his benadryl and nebulizer and puffers. He
has a cold now. I think that the episode has lowered his immune system
fighting the foreign food invader and he now just has a wicked cold. Gee how
deadly is a food product when a wicked winter cold makes him look healthier
than after eating an allergen! Take Care.

Keep the Faith ;-)

Rita
A.S.K. Inc. (Allergic Specific Kids Inc.)
mailto:[log in to unmask]