NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:53:48 -0400
Angela makes a good point about the nurses giving newborns bottles
in the hospital without the parents permission.  My daughter did
not latch on properly right after she was born and had meconium in
her stomach.  When they brought her upstairs to clean her up, they pumped
her stomach and then tube fed her milk formula.  My husband and I had no idea
about this until after it happened.

That night I told them to bottle feed her because I was so tired but I
said I wanted her to get soy.  I found out the next morning they
had given her lactose free formula.

If you don't want your baby to get formula make it clear to anyone before
they take your baby from you.

--Tammy