NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Pollack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:04:45 -0400
>I visited your web site and am impressed.  I have one concern, however,
>and that is
>
>"Wise CHOice also has been used without problem by diabetics and those
>suffering from lactose intolerance and food allergies. However, it
>should be noted that the product currently being shipped was
>manufactured on a line that is used to make other products."

As a result of this list, I have learned about how dangerous cross
contamination can be.  That's why I am devising new manufacturing
procedures.

>Dairy products?  Since I am allergic to milk protein (NOT LI) it is a
>particular concern than NO dairy whatsoever be in the product.  Not even
>from a line on which dairy products had been produced.

I understand.  Several highly dairy-sensitive people have used this batch
of Wise CHOice without any reaction.  However, that may not be good enough
for you.  That's why the next batch will be made elsewhere, in accordance
with our new procedures designed to prevent cross contamination.

Unfortunately, until there are allergy standards for our suppliers to
follow, there is no way we can promise absolutely no risk.  We deal with
respected companies that also have kosher certification.  From the time the
ingredients are delivered until the finished product is shipped out the
door, we will use very careful procedures to prevent contamination.  This
is the best we can do at this time.

BTW, we have no plans to use dairy products at all--my concerns are about
eggs, wheat, and oats, which will be used in some products but must be
isolated from others.

Hope this helps.

Barbara