NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Wed, 29 Apr 1998 00:56:07 -0400
I have read with interest the posts on this subject.  (wow, one person
speaks up and all of a sudden Everybody is sharing the same symptom!!
Cool!!)

I'm sure everyone on the list knows that weepiness and fatigue are
symptoms of depression, but depression should only be diagnosed after
other physical illnesses have been ruled out (since other illnesses can
cause depression).  Sleep deprivation also causes similar symptoms,
which is one of the reasons new Moms don't realize they may have
post-partum depression (major brain fog).

I actually do have a milk related point, here, too.  :-)  My son is LI
(according to the Doctors he is Not Allergic, but milk definitely made
him 'hyper' as well as causing a peculiar diaper rash), but without milk
triggers he still requires medication to manage his ADHD and
depression.

Since my son still occasionally experiences the sudden tiredness (in his
legs, less often holding up his head) and weepiness you are describing,
you've got me wondering if I need to do some more detective work on his
diet.  (The allergists told me to give it up years ago.  You know, moms
of ADHD kids are always hoping we can find a "cure" - but even a
reduction of symptoms is better than nothing!)

But I need to know from Shirley, Larissa, Jane and anyone else - how
long is the time span you've observed from eating the food to
weepiness?  I'd appreciate any information, as I've been unable in the
past to correlate his symptoms to anything other than milk products,
averaging up to 24 hours after exposure.  Thanks to everyone for the
great posts!

Trish