NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rose Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:24:51 EST
My five year old (birthday in Oct.) son -- with an anaphylactic allergy to
milk -- had his physical exam just two weeks ago. He weighed 42 lbs. and is
44" tall. Normal for his age, the doc says, and healthy as can be.
When he was younger, he seemed a bit on the smallish side, but he eats well-
balanced meals, healthy snacks and we've always concentrated a lot of effort
on making sure he gets plenty of calcium and some "healthy" fats in his diet.
Kids his age in preschool are about the same height and weight.
And by the way, kids can sometimes hit a weight plateau. My older son, now 12,
is not allergic to any foods, but at about age 4, he hit 40 pounds and stayed
there for nearly a year. I'd concentrate on just making sure the child's diet
is as balanced as possible.
Good luck!
Rose