NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 12:48:59 -0800
I thought I'd share my experience with the airplane meals I had while
traveling over the holidays.  I had asked this list what the best way to
deal with things was and decided to go with the kosher meals as they
sounded to be the best.  Well, things would have been just great except
that they screwed up the first one and instead of dinner, I got
breakfast.  That's right - bagels and cream cheese and some sort of
danish.  My worst fear - a kosher dairy meal!  To top things off it was
still frozen.  I risked a salad that I had to pick the feta cheese off
of.  Thankfully, every airport has a McDonald's.

The trip back wasn't so bad.  Both meals were chicken and rather tasty.
The pasta salad was a bit funky because everything is frozen and the
texture gets weird.  Lox was standard, but I don't do fish.  I was very
surprised that the flight attendant actually opened the one (they are
absolutely not supposed to) before she gave it to.  I had not
specifically asked her to do so.

Next time, I'll have to see if I can be more specific and make sure it's
kosher MEAT.
Kathy