Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ray Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 07:29:00 -0700
At 11:09 AM 4/12/98 +0200, Erol Lishman wrote:
>A friend of mine never switches his computer off.
>
>He says that the act of switching a computer on every day
>gives the machine a big "shock" and shortens the life of a
>computer.
>
>What do you folks think about this theory ?

There are two sides to that argument.  While it's true that turning the
computer on and off stresses the electronic components of the system,
keeping it on all the time stresses the mechanical components (i.e., your
hard drive).  So you pays your money and you takes your choice.

The best compromise is probably to minimize the on/off cycling; i.e, turn
it on in the morning and off at night, and not touch the power switch
otherwise.

cheers,

ray

ICQ 8603107

"Whaddya mean I'm on hold?  I thought I was online!!"