NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:49:21 -0500
> Recently she has had a throat-closing type of
>reaction shortly after eating vanilla Rice Dream and on another occasion with
>the Orange Vanilla Swirl flavor. Has anyone else experienced a problem with
>this recently?

Is she allergic to ragweed? Ragweed season is pretty much over, so this
should not continue to be an issue, but those who are allergic to ragweed
may also be allergic to safflower oil, the oil in most (all?) Rice Dream
products. I became aware of this cross-reactivity during ragweed season a
couple of years ago, when high ragweed levels pushed me near the edge and
Rice Dream pushed my right over the edge.

Mark Feblowitz