NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 08:45:45 -0600
8bit
From:
Barb Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Hot Fudge Sundae Cake

1 cup                   all purpose flour
¾ cup                   granulated sugar
2 tablespoons           cocoa
2 teaspoons             baking powder
¼ teaspoon              salt
¼ cup                   water
¼ cup                   non-dairy drink
2 tablespoons           vegetable oil
1 teaspoon              vanilla extract
1 cup                   chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup                   packed brown sugar
¼ cup                   cocoa
1 ¾ cups                Very Hot  water
Ice cream or  Non- Dairy Frozen Dessert

Oven Method
Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa
, baking powder and salt in ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
Mix in ¼ cup water, non-dairy drink, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract with
fork until smooth.
Stir in nuts. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and ¼ cup cocoa. Pour
1 ¾ cups very hot water over batter.

Bake 40 minutes.
Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes and top with Ice cream or Non- Dairy
Frozen Dessert. Spoon sauce from pan onto each serving.

Microwave Method
Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa , baking powder and salt in
2 quart microwavable casserole.
Mix in ¼ cup water, non-dairy drink, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract with
fork until smooth.
Stir in nuts. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and ¼ cup cocoa. Pour
1 ¾ cups very hot water over batter.

Microwave uncovered on medium (50%)  for 9 minutes. Rotate casserole ¼ turn.
Microwave uncovered on high for 5 to 7 minutes more or until top is almost
dry.
Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes and top with Ice cream or Non- Dairy
Frozen Dessert. Spoon sauce from pan onto each serving

Makes 9 servings, 475 calories/ serving

Variations
Mallow Sundae Cake:  substitute 1 cup mini marshmallows for the nuts.  400
caleries/ serving.

Peanutty Sundae Cake:  substitute ½ cup peanut butter and ½ cup chopped
peanuts for the nuts.  515 calories/ serving.

Raisin Sundae Cake:  Substitute 1 cup raisins for the nuts.  440 calories/
serving.

Hope you like it as much as my daughter did... Made a great change for a
birthday cake for her.

Barb Miles

Check out the Goldenhar Syndrome Support Network at:
http://i.am/bbds.page
To Join the Goldenhar Syndrome Mailing list:
http://www.listbot.com/subscribe/Goldenhar
To Contact me immediately, Check out my ICQ Web Pager:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/2644169