From:
"G.L.Ayre" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 21:13:41 +1100

Firstly apologies for taking so long to reply to the list. My original
medical diagnosis was gluten intolerence, high cholesterol and
hypoglycemia. I was encouraged to give up gluten products, sugar and
fat. My body reacted to the new regime with an extreme form of arthritic
pain and stiffness in both legs. This lasted in the acute form for about
4 weeks.
        I received much support from the original posting and was assured by
many that a change in eating habits could cause such a reaction. Various
ideas were suggested
fish oil, Advil, vitamins B12, E,A,C, magnesium and potassium. I was
also advised to check whether soy products could also be a problem, or
perhaps I could also have a problem with sugar in the form of fructose.
I thank eveyone for their support as many had experienced problems when
they first went on the gluten free diet.

Gretel