VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 12:46:35 -0500
Dan inquired if there is any interest in forming a sub-group of people who
use Pine and Lynx and who just want to discuss these things.

I am very interested. In fact, I think that it would be a great idea for
people to form various groups based on their technical needs, their
abilities and on the equipment that they are working with.

I would like, for instance, to be part of a VICUG comprised of people who
use Commo and vocal-eyes. We could share our knowledge and the short-cuts
that we discover. And we could be specific down to the key-strokes of an
opperation.

I was thinking that the groups should also form around ability, but, in
thinking further, I believe that new-comers could benefit from the
experience of the more advanced, who would act as instructors as they
communicate with each other.

I'm talking about a technical self-help group that is more focused than
this VICUG as a whole

I'd like to know how many people on this list use all of the following:
Commo, Vocaleyes, Pine, Lynx and a text-based account. Please contact me
and we can, at least, start a subject line.

Peter Seymour