From:
John O Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:15:17 -0500
On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Arnie Robuck wrote:

> I am servicing a AST Advantage P166 / 16mb for a customer. The CD-ROM is a 3
> disc changer which is yet to be identified. The problem is this:
> When the machine boots up, the CD-ROM is recognized by DOS and all 3 CD's
> are listed as D,E and F. All 3 are accessible and readable. However, in
> Windows95a (IE401a installed) in Explorer, all 3 disc's are listed as in
> DOS, but only D is readable.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Microsoft has a Windows patch for CD-ROM changers.  I'd try downloading
and installing it first, then reboot and see if it solves the problem.
Head first to: http://support.microsoft.com/support and follow the
appropriate links for Win95 patches and fixes from there.

-JOWj.
John Wilson
"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]