From:
Jack Parks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:51:01 -0500
Hello List,

    I am starting to put my first PC together from scratch. After reading
this list for several weeks and other reference material, I think I am
ready. My question for the list pertains to grounding of the MB. My MB book
states to use a couple of the brass stand-offs with fiber washers and screws
to secure the MB and the plastic stand-offs to support and space the MB from
the bottom. Somewhere I thought I read that the MB should ground to the case
bottom with 1 of the anchoring screws, but I can not find this reference in
my notes anywhere or in my searches on the Internet. If it is not supposed
to be grounded and is supposed to be isolated from the bottom, then I would
have to put a fiber washer on the bottom of the MB also. I would appreciate
any feed back from the list on the correct way to handle this procedure.

TIA Jack Parks