From:
Ng Chong Ming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 18:37:15 +0800
Hi,
        I've got an internal SparQ, and it has been giving me nothing but
problems. The newly exchanged one does not work at all!!!
        I recently searched the web and found tons of angry mail about the Syquest
SparQ drives being totally screwed up. However, they did not specify
whether it is the external parallel port or the internal IDE unit.
        Thus can someone enlitghten me on whether the external parallel port unit
also has the same problems as the internal IDE unit?
        Also, is the external parallel port unit actually a SCSI2 drive with a
SCSI-parallel port cable? If so, will it work if I connect the parallel
port SparQ using the SCSI-parallel port cable) using a SCSI cable to a SCSI
adaptor?

Ng Chong Ming