From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 06:38:13 -0600
Back in the days before IDE hard drives, we were told that if you wanted to
put a computer case on edge, you should reformat the hard disk in the new
position.  This was (in theory) because gravity pulling sideways on the
drive mechanism would affect the head alignment.  I don't know if this was
true at the time or if so if it is still true.  Just something else to
consider other than air movement.