From:
Holli Van Nest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:49:12 -0500
Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know that the problem I was experiencing
with this tape drive was a problem known to Iomega when the tape
drive is plugged into the parallel port of an HP laserjet printer.  A
file, hppropty, (status monitor, I think) apparently causes this
error.  Once I closed this file, the backup worked fine.  Iomega
didn't know, however, why the backup had been working with this file
before.

Holli

> I have a P100 machine in my organization running Win 95 on a Windows
> network with a Iomega Ditto tape drive, 2gb, attached.  The backup
> program is set up to only back up the c: drive of the local machine.
> Until Thursday of last week, it was working smoothly.  When the user
> came in, she got the following error message:  "An unrecoverable
> error occurred accessing the drive or cartridge.  The remote drive is
> busy."

*********
Holli Van Nest