From:
Steve Dias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 02:58:25 -0500
Thanks, Jeff, for the answer. I had thought about the primary/extended
partition option on the second drive, but since nobody else mentioned my
error I didn't bother to try it as a primary. Checking an old Dos 5.0
manual I found the problem, we're using only one partition per disk.
quote:
"If you have more than one hard disk, only your boot hard disk needs to
have a primary DOS partition. Your other hard disk(s) can contain either
primary or extended DOS partitions. However, if you are using only one
partition per disk, you should make each of theses partitions primary
rather than extended."

Steve Dias

>> Problem: Every time we reboot, we get an error message "fixed drive
has no
>> boot sector". Pressing F1 to continue, machine will boot to Win95 on
C:,