From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 17:11:18 -0400
Marc,
At the risk of wading in where I know too little, it looks like you
have an IRQ set in CMOS for the PCI video.  This is not mandatory.
Do you know if you need it?   I use several Diamond Stealth PCI virge
cards and have never found a use for the IRQ setting so I disable it.
 There should be a setting to disable IRQ for video in CMOS.
You can also disable comm ports.  Since your modem
is using IRQ10, do you have serial devices on ports 1 and 2?

I don't recognize the IRQ 11 device.
HTH
tom turak

----------
Marc Axelrod wrote on Monday, April 06, 1998 10:12 AM

Thank you for your response.  IRQ's as reported by windows95 are as
follows:

00  System timer
01  Keyboard
02  Programmable Interupt Controller
03  com2
04  com1
05  OPL3-SA Legacy Board
05  Yamaha OPL3-SA Sound System
06  Floppy disk Controller
07  LPT1
08  System CMOS/Real time clock
09  OPL3-SA Legacy board
09  Yamaha OPL3-SA sound System
10  K56 Modem
11  IRQ holder for PCI Steering
11  PCI VCB
12  S3 Virge PCI
12  IRQ Holder for PCI Steering

Any assistace with this matter is appreciated

Marc J. Axelrod