NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shirley Sippel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:23:56 -0500
Theresa Ray wrote:

> All,
>
> ompile the answers and post the results to the list.  Thanks in advance for helping me out! Theresa Ray
>
> 1) Who in your immediate family has allergic reaction to milk, and how severe is it? For each family member listed, answer questions 2-7.
-One son, gets hives even if he touches it

> 2) How long was the person breast fed with no supplemental bottles? (If supplemental bottles were given for the first week, but then the child was nursed without supplemental bottles for the next year, please indicate that).
-10 months

> 3) How long did the mother follow a dairy free diet, if at all (include time while pregnant and while nursing)?
-not at all

> 4) After weaning, what formula was the child put on?
-Isomil

> 5) When were any foods containing dairy first introduced to the child (i.e. first had cheese at 4 months, etc)
-at 10 months tried a sip of cow's milk

> 6) When and how did the person's dairy allergy first show up?
-immediately hives where the milk touched his skin and shortly hives all
over the body from the small amount ingested.

> 7) If the person is your child, what would you have done differently while pregnant, nursing, or during the first two years of life, if anything?
-he has many food allergies, I would have avoided the foods most likely
to become allergies in my diet and his

> 8) For family members not afflicted with dairy allergy, how long was the person breast fed with no supplemental bottles?
-my son is an only child