CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 13:05:20 -0800

by Diana Schwarzbein MD, and Nancy Deville at:
        http://www.sboutdoors.com/health/

"IN MEDICAL TRAINING I was taught that a low-fat diet high in
complex carbohydrates . . . I had seen too many diabetics have
legs amputated, too many who required kidney dialysis or who
had scars down the middle of their chests from coronary bypass
grafting.  Working with diabetics meant that I would have to watch
people inevitably get sicker and die. . . I thought, my God, we are
making diabetics worse! I had studied for four years in college,
four years in medical school, three years in internal medicine and
two years in endocrinology, and I did not have the answers. . ."

And so it goes.

Then she describes her wonderful feeling of discovery, implementation
and benefits of a Lowcarbohydrate Lifestyle now recommended and
enjoyed by patients

Grant
          STONE and SPEAR Private Email Support Groups
ATKINS-NEW * CELIAC-DIABETES * LOWCARB-LIST * LC-DIABETES * PALEOFOOD
To Join or To Leave lists, To find out other LISTSERV commands along
with links to the ARCHIVES and other related sources of information
            http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/