From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 23:22:47 -0500
At 16:55 06-02-98 -0500, Paul Jones wrote:

>I have given up on the intermittent problem I have with my Western Digital
>drive, and got a Maxtor 5.1 GB.  I got DriveCopy free with the purchase and
>tried it.  It wouldn't work because of 'overlapping partitions'.  (Maybe
>that is the problem with the WD?)  So I tried XCOPY32 with the /e switch.
>It seemed to do it's job, but when I try to boot it, I see the Win95 logo,
>and then C:\>.  Kind of like booting from a floppy.

Did you use any other switches?

Try XCOPY C:\ D:\ /R/I/C/H/K/E/Y from the Start, Run menu. (Don't use xcopy32
and don't do the xcopy from DOS Mode. All the RICHKEY switches but one are
*needed*.)

To save time: Defrag, clear your browser's cache file, and empty the recycle
bin first. Don't forget to mark the new drive "active" from fdisk after
you do the xcopy and switch the drive settings (both CMOS and on the drives).
Hit <F8> when you see "Starting Windows 95..." and go through the boot process
step by step is you still have problems.

Regards,
Bill

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]