From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 08:08:36 -0600
Dean Kukral
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
Wichita State University

----------
> From: [log in to unmask]
>
> Ever since I've started installing ATX motherboards (both Pentium MMX
> and Pentium II), I've been having compatibility problems with the floppy
> drives.  They seem to be incompatible with my old systems. They can read
> what they write, but not what another drive writes, or it is very
> intermittent if they can.

It is hard to see why an atx board would have anything to do with this.
It looks like you have floppy drives that are mistracking, so that they
can read their own mistracked discs, but not another's.  (VCR's do this;
they have switches to change alignment.)  My guess is that you have
a floppy drive quality control problem.  If the drives are drives that used
to work, then maybe they got jarred in the move.

Try making floppies on someone else's system.  See which of your
systems can or cannot read them.

Dean