From:
Patrick Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:57:31 -0800
At 06:56 AM 2/26/98 +1100, you wrote:

>1) Theoretically, how many HDD's can you put in a an ordinary IDE
>controlled computer?
 4 IDE drives and as many scsi devices as you have SCSI controllers for

>2) Theoretically, how many NIC's can you put in a mainframe?
 Depends upon the machine

>3) Can Novell Netware span more than one physical drive?
 by "Span" do you mean >1 HD drive with one Volume name? Not really
 or do you mean >1 HD drive per novell server? Yes it can.
   And if have a RAID controller you could have 1 volume name for all of
space available if you have enough memory to hold the directory entries
(but I can't see that as being good management for a server)
or do you have soemthing else eintirely in mind?