From:
John O Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:09:03 -0500
The obvious things, of course, would be if there's something flaky in the
power supply or the momentary push (on/off) switch itself, but barring
that...

I can also envision a possibility where if the AC line voltage dropped or
cut out entirely for a moment, making the power supply think someone had
just turned off and back on a power strip or battery backup unit that it
was connected to or something.  Maybe in those circumstances the power
supply will turn itself on without having to press the on/off switch...

I dunno.  APM still seems like a fairly tricky thing to me.  I just don't
trust it.

-JOWj.

"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.