From:
"Lance W. Kephart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:30:01 -0700
>I am looking for some direction on the easiest
>way to network two PC's. Both machines will be
>running Windows 95.  I have a couple of Ethernet
>NIC's if they could be used to accomplish this.

Steve,

Here's a summary of the last thread that I
kept on this.  Hope it helps!

1. Install AND configure the NIC.
2. Install the device driver for the NIC.
3. Install a protocol (NETBEUI works) for the
   device driver.
4. Install a service (CLIENT FOR MICROSOFT
   NETWORKS is normal)
5. Turn on file and/or print sharing in at least
   one PC
6. Each PC must be identified and included in the
   same workgroup.

If using co-axial 10base2 cable then make sure
one end is grounded and both ends are terminated
with a 50ohm resistor.

Use RG-58 cable.

Best of luck!