Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:58:16 -0800
I did not look at the obvious and I apologize, but the previous message I
sent about the Houston MB is not accurate. The problem is as follows:

The Microsoft serial mouse and external USR Courier modem in com1 and com2
respectively, are not detected by Windows. Selecting install hardware, does
not install workable drivers. There are no ports conflicts detected by
Windows. The default settings are as follows:
1. I/O 03F8-03FF IRQ-4
2. I/O 02F8-02FF IRQ-3

The mouse cursor in CMOS menu window is dead.
The mouse does not work in com 2 either.
Windows reports the mouse and modem drivers as missing or not working.

To summarize, the Comm ports are installed but not working. There are no
other devices with conflicts.
Could the MB be defective? This is a Houston MB, and I understand from some
Internet messages I read yesterday, that some of these MBs are not working.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Carmen Knowles