From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 22:17:22 -0500
Don Purser wrote:

> [...]

I tried that with one set of 2 chips and then the other 2 with no luck. I tried
every memory timing setting in the bios, tried lower clock and multiplier
settings and still couldn't get win95 to install. I deleted partitions and
recreated them, reformatted, and installed dos 6.2 and wfwg 3.11 just out of
curiosity. It locked up at the splash screen and I couldn't get any further. I
also tried putting my Pentium 166 in the Abit board but it still locked up.
Then I put my Asus board and Pentium back in and wfwg came right up with no
problems and was even able to see my other  machine running win95 right away on
the network. Then I reformatted and installed Win95 without a hitch. I wasn't
able to try the K6 233 in my Asus board because it doesn't support it. But I've
come to the conclusion that there is a problem with the Abit boards. It's kind
of strange though because I bought 2 boards and they both did the same thing. I
think I'll stick with Asus.

Thanks for the responses,

Dennis Thiel

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]