From:
James Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 21:10:30 -0500
I am new to RAID, but I managed to put together a system with an
Compaq
prolient array with 4 4.3 gig UW drives after I had set it all up,
installed
the OS, I played with the drives taking one out and then putting it back
in
and then rebuilding it, no problems with that, but now the customer
asked me
to add another drive to the array, so my question is, is it possible to
add
another drive to the array without having to kill the old pack and
define a
new one, is there a way to increase the size of the pack without losing
all
the data in the existing drives, TIA

                            James

The Data Integration and Systems Consulting (DISC) Group
James Kerr                                     [log in to unmask]