From:
"Mark C. Barron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:08:19 -0800
>From: Tommy Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
>     At one of our locations, our Company has encountered both an most
>unexpected and a terribly typical situation trying to print faxes received
>into a Win95 P-200 workstation running WinFax Lite to a local Panasonic 4450i
>laser printer.  Although the application appears to change the printer
>association and the print driver is present, the printer produces only blank
>pages.  WinFax (Symantec) doesn't offer technical support as the program came
>bundled with our Xerox Multi-Purpose device;  Xerox won't provide technical
>support as we are not printing to the device they supplied despite providing
>the bundled program.  Does anyone on the list have an idea of what we might do
>to correct this so that our  printer actually will print the received fax from
>the workstation logs?

Under Windows, Winfax or WinfaxLite should even be using it's own driver for
printing.  It should go straight to the defaukllt printer driver specified
by Windows.

I have Winfax Pro for both Win 3.1 and Win95 and they both work in this
manner.

The only time a Winfax 'printer driver' comes in to play, is when you are
sending
the output from an application program to be sent as a fax to someone/where.

Then, the output is directed at the Winfax program and it translates it into
a fax format for immediate or later faxing.

Mark

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]