Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 17:50:43 -0800
I recently built an ASUS TX-97E with a P-166MMX, and 64mb of RAM. It is
Running W95 (original release w/ a few updated drivers/DLLs/patches etc),
IE 4.01, and Office 97 as primary functions.  My system works well, save
the usual W95 annoyances.  However, I keep hearing about the benefits of
"overclocking" my motherboard/CPU for better performance.  While in the
misty realm of stable PC use, I tend to like to leave well enough alone.
 What are the performance benefits of overclocking in percentage gains?
What are the disadvantages?  Is it worth it? Are there pitfalls to avoid if
I try it?  I have an external USR 56k X2 that works fast and reliably at 50
to 57k, could it be affected? Any suggestions/comments/opinions/experience
are greatly appreciated!

TIA

Jeff Mayem
(Note: use [log in to unmask] if any errors encountered)

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]