From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:26:57 -0600
At 02:37 PM 4/21/98 -0700, Russ Poffenberger wrote:
>Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 The
>> error messages is:
>>
>> HDD has problems to do "Suspend To Disk"  !!!
>> Anyone know what I have done wrong or any ideas
>> what may be generating this message???
>
>Suspend to disk is a way for the notebook to shutdown, but save the entire state
>of the system to restore back to where it was. This is typically faster than
>rebooting Windows 95, and it also restores all applications that were running at
>the time.
>
>The suspend requires a separate hidden partition to store the information.
>Usually the size of the partition needs to be big enough to store the entire
>image of memory (whatever your amount of RAM is) plus CPU registers and a few
>other things.
>
>When you fdisk'd the drive, you probably wiped out this partition, and it is now
>telling you that it can't do suspend anymore because of it. I think the feature
>may be somewhat vendor/BIOS specific, so I am not sure what the specifics are.
>My T.I. notebook has this feature. If I can get it away from my wife long enough
>to try it, I will run fdisk just to see what the partitions are.

Thanks Russ...

It was one of those things where once you posted this...  my
brain snapped back into place.

This notebook has a maximum amount of ram of 40mgs.  So,
I removed the partition I built, then created a new primary partition
45mgs less than the size of the hard drive, (97% of the size of the
hard drive).  Restarted the computer and my *WARNING* message
did not reappear.  The bios could use the 45mgs of unpartitioned
hard drive space for the Suspend to Disk function.

Thanks again.

Bob